Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Pike Place Fish Market, Seattle.



I had first read about the Pike Place Fish Market about 7 years ago when I was reading the book FISH. The fish market was the inspiration for this FISH philosophy and it seemed like that unreal fun place that you only read about in books and are too good to be true!



On our recent trip to Seattle, I wanted to check out this place for myself. Its the first thing you see as soon as you enter the market. There was a huge crowd surrounding the fish market, we made our way in up to the front of the crowd. It was one of a kind fish market and there definitely was something about this place that made me happy. I could stand there for hours and watch them yell gibberish and throw fish! Yes THROW!



The prepping station is in the center and it is surrounded by the the ice stands with fresh fish and when there is an order the guy near the fish stand throws the fish to the guy in the prepping station, who catches the fish accompanied with all the vibrant screams and laughter. The people working here have exuberant energy and are genuinely happy. Their energy is contagious and puts an instant smile on everyone watching them.

Offcourse, I had to take a video of this!


1 comment:

  1. Here goes the first comment for you!
    first of all the fish makes the topic more interesting, and the description adds up to it.

    I would've loved to see more of photographs and a complete footage of the market.

    anyways good going!

    ReplyDelete